BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU GOT
- I am thankful that I am not a gay rights leader, gunned down in cold blood, with the killer serving only a 5-year sentence; we don't produce gay rights leaders anymore.
- I am thankful that I am single, so I don't have to worry about the costs of hiring a lawyer to make a dent in making some sort of legal/financial arrangement with my partner that a simple wedding would take care of.
- I am thankful that I am not a 21-year old Kansan serving a 17-year sentence for having gay sex; still waiting 5 months after the U S Supreme Court vacated the sentence and instructed the Kansas Court of Appeals to relook at the case.
- I am thankful that I will never have to serve my country by occupying another country, as my government fears my homosexuality more than it fears terrorism.
- I am thankful that the fear, neglect, hate, greed, and indifference of the world that contributed to 5 million new HIV infections this year was not able to count me in this year's record-breaking 3 million AIDS deaths.
Someone please pass the gravy.